CCP411 PLC-5 Advanced Programming using RSLogix 5 SoftwareCourse Code: CCP411
Duration: 4.5 days
Register for this class
This course introduces you to advanced programming techniques and instructions that will assist you in successfully configuring and programming a 1785 PLC-5 system using RSLogix5 software.
Throughout the course, your instructor will demonstrate how to use advanced programming instructions and techniques to create a functional ladder logic project within a PLC-5 system. After each demonstration, you will be given an application-based exercise that provides you with an extensive hands-on practice in using the RSLogix5 software to program a PLC-5 processor.
By following the procedures in the job aids provided with the course materials, you can immediately apply what you have learned in this course to your job.
Upon completion of this course, you will design and create SFC and ladder logic programs by performing the following actions:
· Set up a PLC-5 system on a Data Highway + (DH+) network
· Write programs using advanced programming instructions and techniques
· Plan program flow strategies
· Transfer data between PLC-5 processors on a DH+ network, between PLC-5 processors and analog modules, and between
· PLC-5 processors in scanner and adapter modes.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who need to write or interpret ladder logic projects using advanced programming techniques and instruction should attend this course.
Completion of the following course:
· Experience with basic control and electrical principles
· Programming the PLC-5 Programmable Controller Using RSLogix5 Software (Course No. CCP410)
This course consists of the following lessons:
· Setting Up a PLC-5 System on a DH+ Network
· Planning Program Flow Strategies
· Programming Sequential Function Charts (SFCs)
· Programming Multiple Main Control Programs (MCPs)
· Programming Selectable Timed Interrupt (STI) Routines
· Programming Processor Input Interrupt (PII) Routines
· Programming Fault Routines
· Programming a File Search and Compare (FSC) Instruction
· Selecting and Programming Shift Register Instruction
· Selecting and Programming Sequencer Instructions
· Applying Indirect and Indexed Addressing
· Programming a Message (MSG) Instruction for DH+ Communications
· Transferring Data between Processor and Analog Modules
· Transferring Data between Scanner and Adapter Processors
· Programming a Proportional Integral Derivative (PID) Instruction
· Programming ASCII Instructions
This is a four and a half day course.
The course number is CCP411.
To register for this or any other Rockwell Automation training course, contact your local authorized Allen-Bradley Distributor or your local Sales/Support office for a complete listing of courses, descriptions, prices, and schedules.